[c-nsp] SNMP-related IOS crashes

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Wed Nov 12 12:20:35 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been bitten numerous times by IOS crashes caused by bugs in SNMP.
I'd like to start getting proactive about this and just blocking any
problematic MIBs on our switches.  I've seen two seperate issues crash
IOS:

1) Polling SLB-MIB objects while the status of the object changes (see
Bug ID CSCsi91875 - it's not fixed even though it says it is)

2) Polling the OSPF link-state database (TAC is still researching this
one)

As a result, we're excluding the OSPF-MIB and SLB-MIB from our views.
Anyone else know any baddies I should tack onto the list?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie