[c-nsp] 2821 voice configuration

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Thu Nov 13 03:01:43 EST 2008

The vwic-2 cards can do voip or cross connect (no dsp used) but a channel can not do both at the same time.
It is done on the controller creating a ds0 group or tdm group. In one E1 you can have both but the channels are dedicated.
At least AFAIK.
With 2 pvdm-32s you can do 64 channels of g711 , but any other codecs, fax/modem relay will be a medium or high complexity codec and will lower your channels considerably.

Brian