[c-nsp] SXI out

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Thu Nov 13 08:37:04 EST 2008

Tim Durack wrote:

Hi,

I was hoping that

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html
>
> "Software Features
>
> With some exceptions, the virtual switching system has feature parity
> with the standalone Catalyst 6500 series switch. Major exceptions include:
>
> •The virtual switching system does not support MPLS or IPv6.

was bogus and old information. But a VSS cluster with 12.2(33)SXI does
not accept any IPv6 commands, so it's basically useless to us.

Let's see what our account manager has to say about that, I'm very
disappointed right now. SXI runs two months late and then misses most of
the features we were promised.

Regards,
Bernhard