[c-nsp] 2610 High CPU Load

Varaillon Jean Christophe j.varaillon at cosmoline.com
Fri Nov 14 10:31:06 EST 2008

I suppose that:
-cef is enabled
-no QoS are in place (including nbar...)
-no ACL with 'log' keyword (matching packets would be cpu switched)
-no "logging debug" and debugging commands are used (flood of syslog
messages)
-only necessary routing protocols are used (if you have a stub area, a
default route is enough)
-no heavy routing protocol (e.g BGP)
-if the link is between 2 ciscos, you could use HDLC rather than PPP. (I saw
it lighter from a cpu point of view)

You can always send us your configuration, removing all your passwords and
replacing your public IP addresses by private ones.

Christophe