[c-nsp] Load-sharing between two routing protocols with same administrative distance?

Everton da Silva Marques everton at lab.ipaccess.diveo.net.br
Fri Nov 14 13:02:40 EST 2008

Hi,

While trying to load-share between routes with same
administrative distance from distinct routing protocols,
I found this:

  What if I configure the administrative distance to be
  the same for two routing protocols? Will the router
  install routes from each routing protocol and allow
  me to load balance traffic? ... The answer is NO.
  ... When there is a tie of configured administrative
  distance settings the router will use the *default*
  administrative distance to make the decision.

Reference:

Two routing protocols, Same administrative distance?
http://www.internetworkexpert.org/2007/12/31/two-routing-protocols-same-administrative-distance/

I am wondering: any hint on how to work-around such
a behavior (if at all possible) ?

Thanks,
Everton