[c-nsp] Recommended Cisco boxes for a small multihoming solution?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Nov 14 20:22:51 EST 2008

Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> And to repeat - to the best of my knowledge the 3825 can't take 1GB of
> RAM and therefore is not an optimal solution for small multihoming.  -Hank

Yes it can, table 2 here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016a8e8.html
or in the hardware installation guide here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/3800/hardware/installation/guide/38comp.html#wp1008551

Also, 'been there done that - works'.

Separate idea is why you need 1GB of RAM to do multihoming, if 512MB
of RAM will do even with soft-reconfig. Of course, if You're not
running a lot of other things on the box, which You shouldn't.

To get to the point - ASR1002 would be the box.

--
"Don't expect me to cry for all the     |               Łukasz Bromirski
  reasons you had to die" -- Kurt Cobain |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net