[c-nsp] Catalyst 3750 stacks with many members

Holemans Wim wim.holemans at ua.ac.be
Sun Nov 16 13:17:55 EST 2008

Could you/someone elaborate on  'failure of one part is a failure of the
stack' ?

I thought Cisco just pushed this construction to get more
redundancy/uptime in the network ?

We were planning to replace some single switches with a lot of dual-line
channels with a cluster of 2 of these 36xx or 37xx switches so we could
split the channels over 2 switches and have still connection when one of
the switches failed. Reading the recent negative comments on switch
stacking I start wondering if this is a wise decision...

Wim Holemans
Network Services
University of Antwerp