[c-nsp] Catalyst 3750 stacks with many members

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Nov 16 20:09:48 EST 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 05:20:25 Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:

> As a result of that we do not put stacks any more. If we
> need more ports we simply join them using ethernet cables
> (and etherchannels) and manage independently of each
> other.

It has always been my personal opinion that inter-switch
trunking or migrating to a small, single-chassis,
multi-line-card based platform (e.g., 6504-E) would offer
far less headache than Stacking, and keep things simple.

Given the feedback from folk on this thread so far, I think
we did well to avoid stacks.

Mark.