[c-nsp] 6500-sup-stdby

ambedkar p_ambedkar at rediffmail.com
Sun Nov 16 23:40:26 EST 2008

Hi, I am using the  following confregs,

              SP    RP
Main       0x2102   0x2102
Standby    0x102    0x2102

According to 6509 Doc the above confregs are recommended.

one more thing, one of our member given the solution to FORMAT the
flash. but i am little bit confused with the following...

format <[m/]device1:>

CAT_1> (enable) sh flash
-#- ED --type-- --crc--- -seek-- nlen -length- -----date/time------
name
  1 .. ffffffff b0b70a41  cd1ec0   26 12918336 Mar 23 2004 16:48:55
cat6000-sup2cvk9.8-1-3.bin

19063104 bytes available (12918464 bytes used)

can anybody guide me, how to format the flash.

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 maureen schaar wrote :
>If you still have the problem, maybe you can try something, since I
>once had a similar problem. There may a discrepancy between the
>confreg on the RP and the SP. You need to set the confreg again. Even
>though the remote command switch show bootvar command displayed the
>right confreg in the SP in my situation, I was still returned to
>rommon. After setting the confreg in the RP, the problem was
resolved.
>See also
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_no
te09186a008072c406.shtml#sup_sub_3