[c-nsp] DualStack IPv4/IPv6 for access?

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Mon Nov 17 21:44:00 EST 2008

Hi there..

I've been reading
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6553/products_data_sheet09186a008011b6
8d.html which references several ways to assign IPv6 address to a client.

What I'm after (and posed this question to Cisco in the summer at
Networkers) is to assign IPv4 address via PPPOE as is done today and also
assign an IPv6 address as well?  Is there such a method?

Specially, customers who are served today via PPPOE get an IPv4 address
dynamically assigned from an IP POOL after authenticating against Radius.
I'd like to extend that and offer dynamic IPv6 space as well.

For my testing I have a Cisco 1811 doing PPPOE over a wireless bridge to
another 1811 acting as a client - is there a way to get dualstack running in
a setup like this?

Thanks,

Paul