[c-nsp] FHRP's and STP

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 10:23:19 EST 2008

That's an interesting idea - tying FHRP state to STP state. Would reduce
config complexity, as FHRP would "inherit" state from STP, and could reduce
FHRP load (which I'm most interested in.)

Cisco have introduced HSRP group follow:

int g1/1.10
 encapsulation dot1q 10
 standby 10 name VLAN10
int g1/1.20
 encapsulation dot1q 20
 standby 20 name VLAN20
 standby 20 follow VLAN10
end

Not what you are asking for, but potentially useful. Unfortunately it
doesn't seem to work on VLAN interfaces on a 6500.

Tim:>