[c-nsp] sampled netflow on 6500

Christian MacNevin christian.macnevin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:51:23 EST 2008

It's a bit more of a complex beast, as it lives in multiple physical
locations on the 6500, depending on whether you have DFCs or not and
whether
you're routing the packets or not.

Sflow I believe on a foundry is actually interface logic, which means
any interface will send exactly what it sees. Be prepared for some
more mickey-mousing
around with netflow. ALso netflow v9 isn't supported on a 6500 is it?
It's really going to be v5 you're using on a 3bxl. 7 is supported but
nobody likes it.

you need to look up mls netflow, netflow, and nde (netflow data
export). ANd understand what happens when you have dfcs integrated
into your line cards.

Good luck
christian