[c-nsp] Preparing on ME rollout ...

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Thu Nov 20 16:47:27 EST 2008

Hi,

we're in the process of preparing for a small metro-ethernet rollout,
with two 4507's, connected to each other in a dual 10G ring, with
customer links using dual GigE fiber links (etherchannel to two separate
line cards each), a.s.o ...

Once the boxes show up at our place, we will be setting them up in our
lab first to play with them a bit, trying out stuff like updating IOS on
the Sups (redundant of course), ensuring we can take care of most
anything than might happen during live operation later on without losing
customer connectivity ...

Are there any recommendations as to what all we should look out for, try
out, learn, or specific hints in the configuration?

Thanks, -garry