[c-nsp] DHCP ip helper-address , Advertising & Redistributing

Suzan S. suzan_ccie at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 07:08:21 EST 2008

Dears,

If I need to advertise the ip address which I got from the remotly DHCP server(connected on another subnet) using the IP helper-address server IP. How to do the advertisement the client is on a switchport interface with the interface vlan SVI enabled?
Do I have to configure an IP address on the SVI from different address from the pool I got from the DHCP remote server? Do I have to redistribute connected in IGP to advertise the ip I got from the different Addrees or  to use IBGP redistribute static?

Thank you
Suzan