[c-nsp] IP Sla Configuration

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:02:11 EST 2008

Hello,

I have 5 different route's on our 2821 router and I'm running IP SLA
to dynamically remove routes if they are down.  The problem is that
when I monitor the address of the device, but the link is up but flaky
it still responds and does not remove the route.

The device i'm monitoring is an 827 router with an adsl connection.

Is there a better way to configure it that what I have done?

ip sla 1
 icmp-echo *.*.56.144
 timeout 3000
 frequency 5
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.11.101 track 1

track 1 ip sla 1 reachability

Thanks,
Dan.