[c-nsp] no implementation plans

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:42:47 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Teller, Robert
<RTeller at deltadentalwa.com> wrote:
> Why do you say vss will die a horrible death?

'Cos it looks real "glossy."

I was excited by VSS when I first saw it, we even waited on the
VS-S720 so we would be VSS ready.
Since then feature parity has been slow. We had to go with a standard
dual-switch setup, as that works today.

But I did say:

> (Obviously I just made these up, but they smell good to me!)

And the posted link shows VSS has plenty of development roadmap, so I
guess we'll see what happens.

Open questions in my mind: am I really going to go back and do a VSS
conversion on existing installations? That's a lot of time and energy,
especially as it doesn't reduce exposure to IOS bugs (we haven't had
any hardware failures, but we have had software failures.)

Tim:>