[c-nsp] no implementation plans

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:10:30 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Sidney Boumendil
<sidney.boumendil at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Tim Durack <tdurack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Open questions in my mind: am I really going to go back and do a VSS
>> conversion on existing installations? That's a lot of time and energy,
>> especially as it doesn't reduce exposure to IOS bugs (we haven't had
>> any hardware failures, but we have had software failures.)
>
> I'd be interested to know what kind of bugs you came across (on SXH4?).

SXH2, Netflow bug that crippled rtr-2 and shortly thereafter rtr-1 in
a redundant pair. Control-plane was half dead, but did not reboot.
Needed maual intervention for recovery.

We have disabled Netflow on all chassis running SXH2, and are testing
SXI (we need SXI for IPv6 VRF stuff anyway, so I'm hoping this will
work for us.)

When it comes to IOS, hardware failures are the least of our worries...

Tim:>