[c-nsp] problem with serial number on cisco 7200 routers / maintenance contract

Stephan Lochner sirdexxa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 05:40:29 EDT 2008

Hi Group,

we have a problem with our 7200 series router. We have a supplier that
handles our maintenance contracts. We want now to put some more devices into
maintenance.
Normally we use the "sh ver" command and get the serial number.
But the 7200 series router provide a serial number (I assume of the
mainboard) but this is not that one printed on the back of the router.
Our problem is now that our maintenance supplier is not able to take the
devices into maintenance with this serial.
Is there another way to read the serial number from remote?

regards

Stephan