[c-nsp] C2960G and output drops

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Thu Oct 2 19:41:10 EDT 2008

Gert Doering wrote:

> OK, I've done quite some testing, tuning "to the extreme"...
> Queueset: 1
> Queue     :       1       2       3       4
> buffers   :       1       5      93       1
> threshold1:     100     200    1600     100
> threshold2:     100     200    2400     100
> reserved  :      50      50      90      50
> maximum   :     400     400    3200     400
>
> (and all traffic is mapped to queue 3).

>From the output you provided earlier, most of the traffic as short in
the 'sh plat port-asic' output was on queue 3, which corresponds to
queue 4 in the above queueset. I assume you changed the mapping? (just
asking to be certain)

> ...I can change the drop rate between "too high" and "catastrophic".
> Without mls qos, it seems to just give the port *all* the buffers...

Bugger. I don't know whether setting up srr-queue limiting or shaping
might impact the behaviour here, but I'm really clutching at straws.
Have you logged a case with the TAC for this one?

Regards,
Brad