[c-nsp] Recommend IOS for 7200?

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Oct 8 09:01:17 EDT 2008

    0n Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:38:09AM +0100, Howard Jones wrote:

    >For a general dogsbody (LNS, BGP, OSPF) SP router, what is the current
    >recommended IOS version for stability? I am looking to upgrade a couple
    >of ancient NPE-225 routers to a current IOS. Should it be 12.2(25)S15?
    >or is there something else I should look at. Aside from the LNS, there's
    >nothing particularly special it needs. L2TPv3 might be nice, I guess.
    >
    >Can anyone suggest/recommend any other release to look at?

I am running Version 12.4(3) on a Cisco 7204VXR (NPE-G1) processor (revision B).

No problems at all.

The one thing to watch out for is that you need enough memory in your NPE-225 to
fit version 12.4(3).

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.