[c-nsp] write mem vs copy run start

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sun Oct 12 22:13:37 EDT 2008

On Monday 13 October 2008 07:04:07 adrian kok wrote:

> Can I know what is the different between write mem and
> copy run start

One is the old format (write memory), while the other is the
new format (copy run start).

I prefer to use the newer one, others prefer the older one.
Both do the same thing. Choose your poison.

I would, however, encourage you to use the new one if it's
not too much trouble.

By having both, I'm not sure whether Cisco will phase 'write
memory' out (that'd probably cause more harm than good, in
the short term at least).

What I do know is that Cisco will test for the 'copy'
command in their exams instead.

Cheers,

Mark.