[c-nsp] write mem vs copy run start

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Mon Oct 13 02:42:59 EDT 2008

I use just "wr" for saving configuration, much shorter, and I'll keep using it until it stops doing what I need, the day Cisco makes this command obsolete I'll start using the longer ones...
Same case with "wr net" which I use to manually save configurations to a tftp server, for about 5 years now, every time I use this command I get this warning:
This command has been replaced by the command:
         'copy system:/running-config <url>'

And I say, as long as this command is still available, why should I start using the new, longer one?
To Cisco guys I'd say If you want to stop supporting a certain command and want to move on to new commands format, why keep stucking the old commands in the new IOSes???
I know that you need backward compatibility, but geesh, I'm talking about 5 years since I'ev got the first warning about the tftp write command...

Ziv