[c-nsp] will L2TP break Kerberos?

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 06:51:10 EDT 2008

Will Kerberos break if it goes through an L2TP tunnel?

I have these handheld wireless devices that are currently talk Kerberos
back to a Symbol access point.  I'm looking to replace these Symbol
units with BelAir access points.

These BelAir access points will L2TP tunnel back to a central Cisco
router so that I can manage all of these handheld wireless devices with
one DHCP and one RADIUS server.

In theory, I would think that L2TP tunneling works fine (the only
difference being that your pipe gets smaller as go across a WAN), but I
was hoping to get some feedback from others here before I put this in
production.

(I'm a little gun shy b/c I've seen things like NAT break IPsec)