[c-nsp] Strange Radius Debug seen with SB Release

Euan Galloway euang+cisco-nsp at lists.eusahues.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 07:02:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 05:22:33PM +1100, Andy Saykao wrote:

> What I've found is that when I debug radius no Framed-Route and
> Framed-IP-Address are being sent in the start packet of the radius
> accounting packet. When I reload the 7301 with an IOS we use in
> production (12.3(14)T7) , the Framed-Route and Framed-IP-Address are
> included in the start packet. Is this the desired behaviour of the SB
> release???

> If I remove the cisco-avpair lines referring to the set up of the VRF
> details for the session from the flat file, the Framed-IP-Address shows
> up in the radius accounting packet. Given that the debug looks ok when
> using a different IOS, I'm starting to believe that has something to do
> with the SB release.

The fact that you are getting Framed-IP-Address/Route when you don't return
the vrf config problably answers my next question, but anyway...

delay-start configured (or does it default to it on either version?)?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/security/configuration/guide/sec_rad_frame_rte.html

"The Framed-Route information is returned in Stop and Interim accounting records
and in Start accounting records when accounting Delay-Start is configured."

> I've spent all day looking for answers but can't find any. I'm just not
> sure when using the SB release why the start packet would not include
> these two attributes and if it really matters?  Hope somebody can help.

That you get it in the stop is re-assuring ;-)
At least an indication that it thinks it was using it.

--
Euan Galloway