[c-nsp] 3750, QinQ & Jumbo Frames?

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed Oct 15 10:04:45 EDT 2008

Howard,

3750Gs usually do not have any 10/100BaseT ports. They have 10/100/1000BaseT and SFP ones.

As long as the port is 10/100/1000, the actual speed that is running (10 or 100 or 1000) doesn't have any effect on the MTU.

So you can have it running in 10/100 and use the full mtu.

3750G>sh int gi1/0/22 | i media|MTU
   MTU 1600 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
   Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, media type is 10/100/1000BaseTX

Also, as you can see below, you can go up to 1998 for FastEthernet ports on 3750Gs, which should be more than enough for
most applications:

3750G(config)#system mtu ?
   <1500-1998>  MTU size in bytes
   jumbo        Set Jumbo MTU value for GigabitEthernet or TenGigabitEthernet interfaces
   routing      Set the Routing MTU for the system

3750G(config)#system mtu jumbo ?
   <1500-9000>  Jumbo MTU size in bytes

--
Tassos