[c-nsp] Help: Lost ACS Solution Engine recovery CD (base image 4.1.x)

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:44:11 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a broken ACS-SE (CSACSE-1113-K9) running base image release
4.1.1.4 with appliance management release 4.1.1.23.

It's not a production device so it's not urgent, but in the process of
attempting to patch it to address the ACS DoS vulnerability, I busted
it good and proper. Turns out I needed a 4.1.4 base image first --
it's not very clearly spelled out in the documentation and I thought
(hoped) there would be better sanity checking before applying the
4.1.4.13.11 patch.

Anyway, it's quite broken (can't even add users), so I want to take
this thing back to factory defaults but I cannot find the recovery CD
(this is a customer's device so I personally have no hope of finding
it) and for some reason, the 4.x recovery CD images can't be
downloaded from CCO.

Is anyone out there willing to cut a .ISO of the 4.1.1 recovery CD and
let me download it? Any other options?

The customer doesn't have a SAS contract, so TAC won't have a bar of
it. Unfortunately I incorrectly assumed that because it was a security
vulnerability, fixed software would be provided for free. The advisory
actually explicitly states that the upgrade is _not_ free.

I'm not sure why the 4.x recovery CD images aren't available for
download -- the 3.2.3 recovery CD image is.

cheers,
Dale