[c-nsp] NMS for l2vpn service instance

piotr/sawicki piotr.sawicki.pl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:02:42 EDT 2008

Hi experts  !!!

I'd like to ask you for help / advice on  cisco 7600 l2 vpn's management

Can you recommend any system for as much as monitoring and gathering
statistics on l2 vpns?
Do you know the software capable of discovering service instances on
physical interface ?
Service instance don't have ip address on them , nor  they are
subinterface  but may contain connect/xconnect to another mpls router -
and the role of this c7600 ends .
L2 vfi ?

I see Cisco Metro Ethernet Solution Center is the first choice but if it
does a lot more - provisioning , but are there any opensource  nms
capable of doing this, out of the box ?

// great thanks
Peter Sawicki
network admin / service provider poland