[c-nsp] EoMPLS terminating on PE?

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:16:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer)
<oboehmer at cisco.com> wrote:

> you need the "routed pseudowire" feature, but this is currently only
> supported on the 7600
>
> If this is a one-off requirement (i.e. not supposed to scale), you could
> use a physical loop cable :-|

Most definitely one-off, but what kind of loop cable would that be ? An ATM one?

I'm thinking that I could terminate the aal5snap pvc into a VLAN on
some convenient third PE router, and then run a straight 802.1q into
the PE router I want the termination on, but mightn't there be some
kind of encapsulation problem? All the examples I've seen do xconnects
between VLANs or between PVCs, not between a VLAN on one hand and a
PVC on the other hand.

Thanks,
Nathan
(Anxiously waiting to see if anyone has insights on my service
provider network design question from a few days ago, no one's taken
me up so far ;-))