[c-nsp] WCS on CentOS?

Tue Oct 21 18:35:15 EDT 2008

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> Currently, my Wireless Control System is running on an upgraded WLSE
> box that runs RHEL 4 (which came with the WLSE->WCS conversion) and
> version 5.0.56 of the WCS software.  I'd like to move to the latest
> version but it requires RHEL 5.  I don't have any RHEL licenses
> otherwise as I use CentOS for my server OS.  WCS detects that I'm
> running CentOS and not RHEL and won't install.  Is there any way that
> I can work around that?  Failing that is there a way that I can
> upgrade the old RHEL 4 install?

You can also install using the following, but keep in mind Cisco will
tell you that your installation is not supported if you ever have troubles:

./installer.bin -DCHECK_OS=false

We have a still open TAC case with them trying to define what a RH ES
5.0 system is by their standards as if you update the box it upgrades to
5.2 (which is unsupported).  Naturally we want to update, but policies
here say we can't negate support.  We know which package will prevent
the text files from updating this information, but we would only
"technically" have a 5.0 box then as all the binaries are still the same
as a 5.2 box.

David