[c-nsp] Bridging ATM on 7206?

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:04:33 EDT 2008

(Replying to list but removing Eric's e-mail address completely)

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Eric Kagan wrote:
> Just a thought - did you try 'atm route-bridged ip' on the atm
> sub-interfaces ?  I just had to add this to a recent config in order for
> layer 3 to work.

Oh yes, that's standard when the other side consists of a
non-IP-talking box that translates aal5snap ATM to Ethernet. I think
it has to do with the MAC addresses.

It's so ingrained that I think it's the only option I didn't tweak . .
. hmmmm . . . you know what?

I took it OUT, and the bridge started working.

Then I put route-bridged bck, stopped working, tried putting both in a
multipoint without and with route-bridged, didn't work, put it back as
it was... didn't work... for at least five minutes of anguish, then it
worked again. Maybe multipoint would work after five minutes, but now
I'm letting well enough alone.

Thanks a lot ;-)