[c-nsp] problem with serial number on cisco 7200 routers /maintenance contract

Stephan Lochner sirdexxa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 04:11:33 EDT 2008

Yes, the G1 is having the same problem. I assume it has to do with the fact
that the 7200 series router is a old architecture and it was never necessary
to implement this feature when it was develeoped.
We have Dimension Data as global maintenance partner and they are not able
to take devices into maintenance with the serials beginning with 3. The
chassis sn on the label beginng (as I heared from DiDa) allways with 7...
And in advance, it´s a problem that we don´t have remote-hands on some
locations to read the sticker.....