[c-nsp] Bridging ATM on 7206? (Getting really frustrated here)

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:29:18 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Nathan <have.an.email at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Eric Kagan wrote:
>> Just a thought - did you try 'atm route-bridged ip' on the atm
>> sub-interfaces ?  I just had to add this to a recent config in order for
>> layer 3 to work.
>
> I took it OUT, and the bridge started working.

Correction, the VLAN 1 (untagged packets) started working. 802.1q
tagged packets don't go through. Why?!

I can't believe this isn't simple!  I just want to change the PVC on
the [expletive] ATM cells and push them back the same way they came,
how can that be so difficult?

Is it possible on a 7200 to take packets arriving on a PA-A3 PVC and
send them back out again? Either the raw ATM packets with just the PVC
changed, or else aal5snap-encapsulated 802.1q-tagged ARP and IP
packets ?

If it is not possible, what are my options? Try to stack the vlans
under vlan 1?? Change the 870 routers for something that can do L2TP ?

--
Thanks,
Nathan