[c-nsp] Bridging ATM on 7206? (Getting really frustrated here)

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 05:00:19 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Joe Maimon <jmaimon at ttec.com> wrote:
> Nathan wrote:
>>
>> I can't believe this isn't simple!  I just want to change the PVC on
>> the [expletive] ATM cells and push them back the same way they came,
>> how can that be so difficult?
>
> Are you looking for the local switching feature

Well, yes, why not, anything goes . . .

Currently it's configured using

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk39/tk48/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009455f.shtml

I've tried with and without "atm route-bridged ip" (both seem to work
now, go figure).

And vlan 1 (untagged packets) go through without a problem. I get no
ARP for packets in an other VLAN than 1. I've changed bridge 1
protocol to vlan-bridge, no luck. Going through Troubleshooting
Bridging and IRB over ATM PVCs at

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk39/tk48/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093d63.shtml

I think I've found a problem, I don't seem to receive BPDUs, even on
VLAN1, and each router thinks it's the root for each VLAN. Maybe the
ATM/Ethernet converter on the CPE side is filtering out the BPDUs,
which it shouldn't. But VLAN1 works... do I really need BPDUs? There
is zero chance of a loop between the CPEs, so...

--
Thanks,
Nathan