[c-nsp] Bridging ATM on 7206? (anything goes)

Nathan have.an.email at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:53:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Bruce Robertson <bruce at greatbasin.net> wrote:
> If I remember correctly, the 1751 supports L2TPv3.  You could add another
> Ethernet interface to the 1751 (the WIC-4ESW is handy for that, or
> WIC-1ENET), insert it between the 871 and customer, and bridge the Ethernets
> through, without killing MTU.

Sounds doable. So with a 1751, I should be able to do an xconnect on
each of my two interfaces, and thereby string two L2TPv3 pseudowires
beteen my sites?

With two 1751s I don't suppose I'll need the 871s though (my need is
connecting LANs site A - my871 - ethernet - ethernet2ATMconverter -
ATM - 7200 - ATM - ethernet2ATMconverter - ethernet - my871 - LANs
site B, where the LANs are currently two untagged RJ45s on each side
but could be a single RJ45 with a dot1q trunk).

In your opinion, no way of doing it with L2TP on my 871s?

--
Thanks for your help,
Nathan