[c-nsp] Cisco 3550 + BGP

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Tue Oct 28 06:41:40 EDT 2008

p.caci at seabone.net (Pierfrancesco Caci) wrote:

>     > Anyone have any experience running BGP on Cisco 3550 platforms? Any
>     > idea how many BGP routes it can handle?
>
> last I tried (some 3 years ago) it died with about 7000 routes.

Just like a 3750 will hold around 11K routes. IPv4, and does so
regardless of where they came from (static, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, RIP).
I have found those boxes to be reliable routers with huge throughput.

The real culprit here is that those boxes do not and will (according
to Cisco) never do BGP+ (IPv6). They do static IPv6.

It's a shame.

Elmar.