[c-nsp] BGP Multihomed Selective/Conditional Advertisement

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 07:36:29 EDT 2008

Not necessarily: the intermediary (I) could hear ATT's path as well as cogent's.  (I) could advertise their route to you through ATT, and cogent would pick this over their direct connection to you due to LocPref.  The behavior of (I) is hard to predict in advance, and it may not be fully deterministic.

Prepending toward cogent is a good idea to increase the likelihood of deterministic behavior.

-David Barak