[c-nsp] quest for a CPE basic rate-limiting switch

Arie Vayner (avayner) avayner at cisco.com
Tue Oct 28 17:06:39 EDT 2008

Chris,

Try looking at the ME-3400
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6580/index.html

Arie

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Christopher Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 21:42 PM
To: Jeff Cartier
Cc: cisco-nsp
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] quest for a CPE basic rate-limiting switch

Jeff,
	I'm fuzzy on the definition of "service provider", but we bill
the customer and provide support for a variety of services.  We do not
own or manage the local FTTH network, it's owned and operated by the
local power company.
	I _want_ to manage it, right at the demarc. Ideally i'd plug my
switch into the FTTH CPE Switch and i'd rate-limit the ingress on my
switch or the egress on my switch.  Ingress rate-limiting is my first
choice, but egress policing would be better than nothing.

Christopher Hunt
ReachONE Internet, Inc.
(360)456-5640
http://www.reachone.com