[c-nsp] OSPF fast hellos

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Thu Oct 30 13:30:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 08:06:36AM +1030, Ben Steele wrote:
> Because I couldn't see bfd support for 3750's, best it can do is UDLD,
> otherwise that would be my preferred method.
>
> Are you advising against fast hello's?

No totally.

 Have you seen many issues with people
> using them?

Yes. They have to be scheduled on the CPU as a process and that is more
variable because IOS is run to completion, except for psuedo preemption
added for BFD.

Even that isn't 100% bullet proof but it's better than OSPF fast hellos
from that perspective.