[c-nsp] IPv6 ACL question for the 3750

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue Sep 2 15:07:34 EDT 2008

I'm playing with IPv6 on a 3750. Looking at the release notes for
12.2(46)SE, I see the following limitation for IPv6 access lists:

* The switch does not support output port ACLs.

It's currently running 12.2(25)SEE and I tested statements like "permit
tcp any host x:x:x:x:2d0:b7ff:fee6:574 eq 80" that work fine, but that
limitation (which does not appear in the release notes for 12.2(25)SEE)
lead me to believe this capability was dropped. Is this true, or am I
misreading it?

Or am I stuck with jumping all the way to a 6500/Sup720 to get decent
(i.e. complete) IPv6 support?

~Seth