[c-nsp] Crash bug in SXH3

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Sep 3 19:31:22 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:23:00PM -0500, Charles Spurgeon wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:22:27PM +0100, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > times without problems) so we have reverted to SXF6 while awaiting a
> > > new SXH build.
> >
> > any reason for an SXF6 so old? eg why not SXF12 ?
>
> The usual reason: being very conservative with core/border gear.
>
> SXF6 was something we had frozen on for a (long) while, since it was
> stable and did everything we needed at the time and was even a safe
> harbor release. Rather than dodge and weave through subsequent SXF
> releases given various reports on SXF bugs, we just stuck with what
> worked.
>
> When we were forced to back down from SXH3 we went with the release we
> had last used successfully. If we were planning to stay on SXF I'd be
> looking at more recent releases. However, we need SXH for 16-port
> 10GigE card support, so we're waiting for a new release of SXH.
>
> The TAC said they'd update us on the next release date for SXH<n> but
> we haven't heard anything for the last week or so.

	Ask tac to email the release ops team, you should be able to get
a tentative date.  I've had mixed results with SXH.  I suspect that
the next major release will beat a rebuild of SXH, but I'm willing to
be wrong.  Perhaps a TME for the 6500 (whom i know is on the list ;)
will chime in about these problems with SXH?

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net