[c-nsp] silly qos question

Ryan ryanclambert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:07:11 EDT 2008

Hey all,

Quick QoS question here. I seem to be having some trouble getting a policy applied to a Serial (T1) interface, and for the life of me don’t understand why. I’m pretty sure it’s my fault and not a “feature”.

Error I am getting when I try to apply the service policy direction output:

%INTERFACE_NAME% class Data-DSCP requested bandwidth 750 (kbps) Available only 656 (kbps)

Here are the class/policy map statements:

class-map match-any Control-DSCP
  match ip dscp cs3
  match ip dscp af31
class-map match-any Voice-DSCP
  match ip dscp ef
class-map match-any Video-DSCP
  match ip dscp af41
class-map match-any class-default
class-map match-any Data-DSCP
  match ip dscp default

policy-map QoS-Policy-Office
  class Voice-DSCP
   priority 360
  class Video-DSCP
   bandwidth 128
  class Control-DSCP
   bandwidth 8
  class Data-DSCP
   bandwidth 750
  class class-default

If I bump bandwidth of class Data-DSCP down to 656 from 750, it applies with no backtalk.

Clearly I am missing something on a conceptual level, here. Any help is appreciated. ☺

Platform:

7206VXR, NPE-G1 running 12.3(26) SP code.

Thanks!
-Ryan