[c-nsp] Dashboard Network Monitoring Software

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 5 13:22:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

> Is anyone out there using Zenoss for network monitoring?  How do you like it?

I worry that I find myself spending too long trying to get
a huge variety of monitoring systems actually working - and
then configured to work properly and 'look nice' or be usable
by our local community (eg using AD authentication instead
of a noddy local pwd file or database password system like
so many want...)  i feel that I am not alone in missing out
on a really cool piece of software simply because of being
burnt by so many other tools.  - we still run some of the older
hardy tools that many would recommend - NAGIOS, NetDISCO,
Rancid, MRTG, RTG, + a couple of other random bits.

these recent discussions are quite informative but without
a nice resource or concensus I feel that many useful ones
might get lost in the melee etc.

I'm also after somethign that has the fancy gfx that mgmt like
eg solarwinds console - but without the price tag - AND with some
actually useful stuff under the hood - any further recommendations?

alan