[c-nsp] can't ping from router

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Fri Sep 5 12:36:33 EDT 2008

Hi, I have a 7200 terminating some pppoe customers using BBA-GROUP.
Everything is working and has been working without any issues. However
digging around I came across a weird problem. It seems that from the 7200
terminating router I can't ping any of the pppoe user's ip addresses but I
can from outside the 7200.

I'm using a BBA-GROUP that references Virtual-Template 1, the weird part is
everything is working but my virtual-template shows that its down.

stingray-capedsl-gw#sh int virtual-template 1
Virtual-Template1 is down, line protocol is down

Should this interface not be showing as up/up? And is this the reason my I
can't seem to ping from within the 7200.

Thanks P.

bba-group pppoe pppoeusers
 virtual-template 1
 service profile pppoeusers
 sessions per-mac limit 1
 sessions auto cleanup

interface Virtual-Template1
 description xxxx
 mtu 1492
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 peer default ip address pool pppoeuserspool
 ppp authentication pap pppoeusers
 ppp authorization pppoeusers
 ppp ipcp dns xxxx
 ppp ipcp address required
 ppp ipcp address unique

interface Loopback0
 no ip address
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables

ip local pool pppoeuserspool xxxx.2 xxxx.254