[c-nsp] Difference between SPA-nXOC3-ATM and SPA-nXOC3-ATM-V2

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sat Sep 6 14:49:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

there seem to be two generations of ATM OC3 SPAs around:

SPA-2XOC3-ATM / SPA-4XOC3-ATM:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/product_data_sheet0900aecd8027cba7.html

and

SPA-1XOC3-ATM-V2 / SPA-3XOC3-ATM-V2:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps6267/data_sheet_C78-487941.html

The differences I found are:

2/4 port:
- supported in 6500/7600
- double height SPA => lower density
- max 16,000 VCs "(subject to overall configuration limitations)"

1/3 port V2
- supported in CRS1/XR12k
- single height SPA => higher density
- 2047 VCs per port

Did I miss anything relevant? Is the 1/3 really a newer generation of
SPAs than the 2/4 port ones? I rarely find more info on the 1/3 port
SPAs than the URL above. It's not listed in the Global Price List as
well, so I wonder wether it's very very new? Does anyone have list
pricing for the 3-port?

Given that ASR1k BU is now telling us that the 1/3 V2 SPAs are planned
for RLS3, I'm looking into those SPAs in more detail... didn't have them
on radar at all and was planning with the 2/4 ports until yesterday...

Any feedback appreciated.

Best regards,
Daniel