[c-nsp] VPN Failover

Nimal David Sirimanne nimal at fnbs.net
Wed Sep 10 05:24:21 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

We have 2 major offices (SITEA,SITEB)running site-2-site VPN connection
between them. We are now setting up a new DR site (DRSITE) for SITEB

However, our constraint is that SITEB internal network addressing and
DRSITE internal network addressing has to be exactly the same. If
internal network addressing for SITEB is 10.10.10.0/24, then internal
network addressing for DRSITE is also 10.10.10.0/24. As i understand, it
is not possible to for SITEA to have 2 active vpn links to sites with
the same internal network addressing.

Is it then possible, if SITEA -- vpn -- SITEB fails, that it will
failover to SITEA -- vpn -- DRSITE?

Hope i explained that properly. Thanks!

Nimal