[c-nsp] AS5350 and ENUM, what happens when DNS gives no results?

Andreas Sikkema ASikkema at office.unet.nl
Wed Sep 10 11:28:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

We've got a Cisco AS5350 with a reasonably complex configuration with
several inbound dialpeers that involve calling TCL applications. For
various reasons we want to route some calls around all this configuration
and send them directly to a SIP server.

We've thought of doing this with ENUM because those calls are (as I
mentioned before in my question about hairpins) are only recognizable by
their Called Number. What I would really like to do is to lookup the
destination in ENUm and when there's nothing in the DNS server for that
number to use the existing configuration.

Is there a way or should I just forget about this?

--
Andreas Sikkema