[c-nsp] Datacenter Network Design

John Ramz sforcejr at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 00:58:38 EDT 2008

We are looking into start hosting our customers' apps and data and would like for you to provide me link to internet resources (or books) to get me started on a network design that includes:

- 3rd party Compliance (security for example)
- Redundancy (routers, firewalls, switches)
- load balancing
- VLANS
- Virtual servers
- Backup- SANs-
- Disaster recovery
- How to keep customers separated from our regular network?
- How to keep customers totally isolated from each other?
- Access from our network to the Datacenter network for our developers to work with our customers? Also for our IT people to service, monitor and maintain that network

I have thought of getting an Internet pipe just for the Datacenter network and with all the above mentioned components and then figure out the way and procedures to connect our company network with that one for the different items I already mentioned.

Has anyone been involved in a project like that could elaborate as much as possible on the subject?

Please shed some light with me on where to start and build from there?

Thanks