[c-nsp] Setting the Remote Syslog Port in IOS

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Sep 11 09:39:39 EDT 2008

I have it on a 7206VXR running 12.4(15)T2.

7206-1.clr(config)#logging host ?
   Hostname or A.B.C.D  IP address of the syslog server
   ipv6                 Configure IPv6 syslog server

7206-1.clr(config)#logging host 1.2.3.4 ?
   discriminator         Specify a message discriminator indentifier for
this logging session
   filtered              Enable filtered logging
   sequence-num-session  Include session sequence number tag in syslog
message
   session-id            Specify syslog message session ID tagging
   transport             Specify the transport protocol (default=UDP)
   vrf                   Set VRF option
   xml                   Enable logging in XML
   <cr>

7206-1.clr(config)#logging host 1.2.3.4 tr
7206-1.clr(config)#logging host 1.2.3.4 transport ?
   beep  Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol
   tcp   Transport Control Protocol
   udp   User Datagram Protocol

7206-1.clr(config)#logging host 1.2.3.4 transport udp ?
   discriminator         Specify a message discriminator indentifier for
this logging session
   filtered              Enable filtered logging
   port                  Specify the UDP port number (default=514)
   sequence-num-session  Include session sequence number tag in syslog
message
   session-id            Specify syslog message session ID tagging
   xml                   Enable logging in XML
   <cr>

7206-1.clr(config)#logging host 1.2.3.4 transport udp port ?
   <1-65535>  Port number

I also see the command on a 3660 running 12.3(14)T7.  I have it on a
3560E running 12.2(44)SE2 but not on a 3750 running 12.2(25)SEB.  I do
however have it on a 3560G and a basic 3560 running 12.2(44)SE2.  I also
have it on a Sup720-3BXL in a 7600 running SRB1.

Looks like it's available for the older platforms with the right IOS.

Justin