[c-nsp] load-sharing round robin time?

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:51:34 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm doing load-sharing on a 2621 router with ios 12.3(26).

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.11.251
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.11.252
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.11.253

This was working just fine, but now we implemented a squid cache just
behind the router and it strips the source ip, so all of the requests
through the router all look like they are coming from the squid box
now.  What is happening now is the squid box is randomly switching
from route to route, but it's taking about 10 minutes to switch from
each route.  So watching the graphs on the three routers and its only
really using one route at a time. Is there a way to change the time
limit for switching routes to make it switch faster?

Thanks,
Dan.