[c-nsp] console port

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Sun Sep 14 02:32:33 EDT 2008

99% of those USB to Serial adaptors are using the same chipset, called "Prolific" something, it doesn't matter too much which vendor driver you use, it may work anyway. If you want I can send you a "generic" driver I've got once that I used on a cable that I've got from the office and didn't have any names on it, I've found it by digging into the digital ID on the "unrecognized" device.
Anyway, here's a couple of links you may find useful:
http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/ddaStep.asp?Tab=All

Hope this helps,
Ziv